Inspired by our simple Lemon Rice! This is packed with Vitamin C, lot of fibre and Good omega fatty acids.
What you need?
Rolled oats - 2 cups
Lemon - 1 or Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
How to make?
1. Boil 4 cups of water till bubble comes up
2. Keep the strainer ready on top of some bowl. Stir in the oats and drain it immediately in the strainer
3. Just softly seperate the oats with Fork not to form any lumps. Allow it to cool for atleast 15 mins.
4. Now, Add oil to kadai. Tadka- Mustard, urad dal, chana dal, asofoedita(Hing), curry leaves, Green chillies.
5. In a bowl, add salt, lemon juice and turmeric powder. Add the hot tadka to this mixture.
6. Stir in the oats and sliced almonds and thoroughly mix.
Tip: You can just add salt and pepper to the strained oats broth and drink it or a much appreciated way is to use as broth in soup. I will add Broccoli soup recipe very soon.