Ash Gourd/White Pumpkin Raita - A cooler!

I love the freshly cut Pumpkin/Ash Gourd from our local farmers market.  They are definitely tastier than the ones from the Grocery stores.    We make very less typical south indian dishes on week days since my husband prefers simple meals which is not too heavy.   I end up making sambar and other typical south indian dishes only on weekends.   The challenge is using the vegetables that I buy from the market.   I learnt this recipe from my mom and it goes pretty well with the millet sevai or any one pot meal that I make during the week days.

What you need?

Raw pumpkin - any size that you desire
Curd-1/2 cup
coriander leaves cut fine - 1 Tbsp
Jeera-1/2 tsp
Ginger - 1 inch
Green chillies - 2
Asafoedita - 1pinch
Curry leaves-few
Coarse peanuts-2 Tbsp (optional)

How to make?

1. Peel pumpkin skin and cut into big cubes
2. Grind pumpkin the food processor with Jeera, Ginger and Green chillies
3. Add curd, salt and mix well
4. Tadka with Mustard seeds,Asofoedita and curry leaves
5. Dress with cut coriander leaves
6. You can add coarse peanut powder if you like it to be crunchy.

Comments

Popular Posts