Pumpkin has a very good cooling effect on the body and it helps in weight loss as well. This recipe was taught to me by my mother. It is quite a very simple process.
Raw pumpkin - any size that you desire
coriander leaves - few
Ginger - 1 inch
G chillies - 2
Asafoedita - 1pinch
Coarse peanuts-2 Tbsp (optional)
How to make?
1. Peel pumpkin skin and cut into big cubes
2. Grind pumpkin the food processor with Jeera, Ginger and Green chillies
3. Add yogurt, salt and mix well
4. Tadka with Mustard seeds,Asofoedita and curry leaves
5. Dress with cut coriander leaves
6. You can add coarse peanut powder if you like it to be crunchy.
All done. This can be had with any spicy dish/Chappathi or just as a starter before eating your main course.
Note: Increase or decrease the yogurt quantity as per your taste