cracked wheat - 1 cup
Moong dal-2 Tbsp
chana dal-2 tsp
Shredded jaggery - 1.5 cups for less sweeter version (2 cups for more sweet)
Almonds - Sliced - 15
Elachi powder - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Ghee-1 tbsp (optional)
How to do?
1. Dry fry chana dal,moong dal and cracked wheat seperately
2. Cook cracked wheat, chana dal and moong dal in rice cooker or usual cooker with 2.5 cups of water. Keep aside once done.
3. In a skillet, add little water and jaggery. Let it liquidise. Filter to remove dirt.
4. Let it boil till it comes thick, not too thick. Basically, the raw smell should have gone and should not be watery.
5. Add cooked cracked wheat and milk. Allow to boil. Stir occasionally till everything combines and becomes thick.
6. Add elachi powder and dress with sliced almonds.
Adding Ghee is optional. You can add ghee while stirring for rich flavor. I was happy without it.