Peerkangai is one of the divine vegetables which helps to keep the body clean and healthy. Somehow, it has not find the right place in day to day cooking. We do prepare couple of things with this vegetable.
This recipe is created by my super Mom! I am just a way to put it here.
What you need?
Ridgegourd/Peerkangai - 3
Whole wheat Flour - 6 cups
Pepper powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
How to make?
1. Peel off the ridges and do not scrape all the skin. Grate ridgegourd
2. Optional step: You can cook grated ridgegourd in 2 tsp oil with salt, pepper powder and jeera powder
3. Add cooked ridgegourd to the flour. Add masalas if you skipped step 2. Mix well and make the dough. Add little water only if required.
4. Let it rest for 30 mins. Divide the dough into small balls.
5. Make circles. Heat Tava and cook on both sides. Apply little oil while cooking.
Note: I usually mix different flours for the usual chappathi itself. I add
Whole wheat flour-3 cups, flaxmeal-1 Tbsp, Oats- 1cup, Spelt flour - 1/2 cup, Rye flour-1/2cup, Barley flour-3 Tbsp. It is all yours. You can try. Formula is half the proportion as whole wheat and rest all other flours. The reason is to get the nutritional benefits of different flours. You can explore, it is your kitchen and you are the queen there.