We make moong dal payasam for all the occasions. I usually think why not do some modification and the taste gets so used! Just made little addition to the traditional item that makes it different and also more healthier.
What you need?
1. Moong dal - 2 Tbsp
2. Chana dal - 1 tsp
3. Jaggery - 4 Tbsp
4. Elachi - 1/2 tsp
5. Ghee - 1 tsp
6. Almonds-10 powdered
7. Almonds diced-5
8. Milk-1 cup
How to make?
1. Dry fry Moong dal and chana dal slightly
2. Pressure cook in a seperate vessel for 3 whistles
3. Boil jaggery in 1/4 cup water and once all jaggery dissolves, filter it to remove dirt.
4. Mash pressure cooked dal and add it to jaggery. Add milk, let it all boil together for few mins in medium low.
5. Add powdered jaggery and adjust consistency. Keep in low.
6. Add elachi and ghee. Add diced almonds at the end and it is ready.
This is also the most deserved prasadam for any puja. It is low fat dessert.