I had pudina in my garden and wanted to use them for something. One of my colleage had got green apples from her garden. I made up a recipe combining them with walnuts. Walnuts have 18 gms protein per cup and also good fat. I served this chutney with Ragi Black gram Idlis. It can be used as a spread for chappathis or bread and it might even go with Rice.
Gr. Apples-6 small
Gr chillies-2 (as per taste).
oil-3 tsp (divided use).
How to do?
1. Clean and wash mint leaves, let it drain.
2. Soak Walnuts in hot water for 15 mins
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in kadai, once hot, add gr chillies and ginger. Add mint leaves and fry it for 2 mins. Transfer to a plate
4. Cut gr apples into small pieces. Heat 1 tsp oil in the same kadai, add chopped apples. add salt and fry. Cover with lid. It will leave lot of water. Cook till it is soft
5. Cool everything. Once cold, grind everything together, adjust salt.
6. Add water to adjust consistency.
Tadka 1 tsp oil with mustard seeds and optional mustard methi seeds powder 1/4 tsp.
1. You can replace Gr apples with Tomatoes.