Kale Parata

Kale is a very high fiber greens.  We buy it from local farmers market.  I have tried making baked chips, stir fry, curry but they were ok but did not find entry into regular menu until a friend told me this idea about making parata. It is definetely worth a try. Kale has got a very unique strong taste and hence little hard to use.  Kids also eat this parata without any compliant which is a compliement, I would say.

What you need?

Kale-1 bunch
Oil-1 Tbsp
Hing-1/4 tsp
Gr chillies-as per taste - 1 for our family!
salt
ginger-1/2 inch
turmeric-1/4tsp
cumin powder-1/4 tsp
jaggery-1 tsp

How to make?

1.  Wash and remove stalks from Kale.  I used blender since i was in a hurry in the morning to cut them fine.   I added green chillies and ginger to it.

2.  Heat oil, add hing and finely chopped kale with ginger and green chillies.

3. Add turmeric, salt, cumin powder and jaggery.

4. Fry till the raw smell is gone. 

5.  Spread in a plate for it to cool if you are in hurry!  I was since I had to pack boxes.

In the mean time, make your dough ready.  I use multigrain chappathi flour and make the dough with blended Tofu or Yams!  I will write a post on that. 

Make balls and stuff about 1-1.5Tbsp of kale mixture into it.  Make parata as you would.

Let me know if you need more details.

Comments

Popular Posts