Apple Dates Sauce

I could see fresh apples coming in the farmer's market, not sure if this is the apple season but the deal is not bad on them.  I bought a bunch of them and husband got another bunch of them!  My little one loves apple sauce and I looked up some online recipes which asked to peel skin and add sugar.. I would'nt do that.  I have to change the recipe into healthier one.. Here is how i did that?

What you need?

Apples(organic are good since we are going to use the skin) - 4 big ones
dates-15
or even jaggery - 1/2 cup
cinnamon-1/2 tsp (optional)
Lemon juice-1 Tbsp

How to make?

1. Cut apples into chunks, add  water half way to it on the skillet and let it boil.

2. Reduce heat and let it cook for about 20 mins in low flame. Add dates to them.

3.  Once it is cooked, let it cool for few mins, blend it

4. Add lemon juice and cinnamon if using and mix well. 

This could be given to kids as a snack or used to make muffins.  I made apple sauce muffins without adding any sugar. It turned out pretty good.  I will post that soon.

Comments

Popular Posts