Choco chip Tofu Cookie

Cookie is pretty handy snack for kids after they come back from school.  My little one asked me to make choco chip cookie.  I could not find many healthier choices.   I tried one other cookie couple of weeks ago with Tofu and it become quite flat and looked like mini crepes (dosai), so we called it dosai cookie.   My kids liked it.   I wanted to add something to make it more like cookie so I got the idea of adding almond meal/powder.   I could make this with just 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and 1 Tbsp of sugar and dark cocoa choco chips which i shredded from the pound bar.   You could vary the sugar content according to your requirement.  Here is one other healthy choice for anyone! 

What you need?

Tofu half block mashed
almond powder - 1/2 cup
baking soda-1/2 tsp
salt a pinch
Turbinado sugar- 1 Tbsp
coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
cardamom powder-1/8 tsp (optional)
Choco chips-1/4 cup
Raisin - 1/4 cup (cut fine)

How to make?

1. Mash Tofu with fork
2. Mix all the ingredients together
3.  Preheat oven to 350F  and line parchment paper in a cookie tray and spray oil.
4.  Make small balls and flatten them in cookie shape
5. Bake for 20 mins and rotate the tray half way thru for even baking.  Chk if the bottom has browned slightly.

You could also add some oat flakes but I did not do any.    This is a protein rich low fat and low sugar  cookie which could be indulged without any guilt.

Note:

This is a soft chewy cookie.  It is not a crispy one!

Comments

Popular Posts