Vit D supplement

This post is for vegeterian people who is living in US and are deficient in Vit D.

I fell deficient in Vit D last year.  My doctor suggested me to take the Vit D supplement.  I never knew the difference between D2 and D3 till then.   I was particular not to take the Vit D3 since it is sourced from animals.  I could not find Vit D2 in near by major stores so I ordered it from Amazon. 

Deva Vegan Vitamins Vegan Vitamin D 2400 IU, 90-Count by  Deva Vegan Vitamins

I took this regularly once every day and my Vit D increased pretty well.   One important thing is to take this with some fat since Vit A,D,K and E are fat soluble.   That is the main reason why Dr. usually prefers to take Vit D3 since it also has animal fat for the body to absorb that vitamin.  You could take the Vit D whenever you are eating any fat rich foods like nuts or peanuts butter.    I usually take it with flax milk since flax is good fat. 

Reach out to me if you have any qs on this post.


Comments

Popular Posts