Chia Gel Sandwich

Chia seeds is another buzz talk of the town in recent times.   It packs omega-3 fat, protein and fiber. Every food has a characteristic of its own.  Chia seeds takes lot of water and hence it is best absorbed in your system in gel form rather than the seed form.  It bulges more than 10 times of its size.   I use it in smoothies, cereal toppings, plain milk drink and  sometimes on dosa /idli batter.   I also use it in baking and on yogurt drinks and fruit juices.

Coming to this post, I typically eat apple peanut butter sandwich for breakfast.  After concluding my research on eating fruits by itself,  I started eating my peanut butter sandwich alone.   I am  used to the juicy apple sandwich.  Infact I love that combination.  Anyways, I decided to switch over.  I was thinking of some replacement of that apple in my sandwiches.  There came the Chia gel.

How to prepare chia gel?

In a bowl, add chia seeds  about 1 Tbsp and about 1/4 cup of water.  Let it sit for 5-7 mins.  Give a gentle mix and your chia gel is ready.  You could transfer this to a container and refrigerate.  Use it within 4-5 days.
Now, Make your sandwich:

Toast breads, use spread of your choice, I use peanut butter.  On top of that spread, smear about 1 tsp of chia gel.  Close and enjoy.

I liked it.  You could make it sweeter by another honey with chia gel.  That would be yummy too.  

Comments

Popular Posts