Choco 50-50 Pancake

Pancake is not on our regular menu.   I got a gluten free pancake mix from Whole foods when my kid attended a birthday party.  Kids liked it.  I read the ingredients, it was kind of ok but not very impressive.  So, I never bought it again.   I prefer to make the mix myself.   Yday, my kids were also on ekadasi special food and we make dosai for breakfast the following day with Gooseberry chutney.   My older one  asked for pancake and I came up with this, It was pretty good.  Play with the ingredients.  Mix and match, You can make much better combinations than the store bought one.  I will try with amaranth flour next time.

What you need?

Fine semolina  -1/3 cup
Whole wheat flour - 1/3 cup
cinnamon-1/8 tsp
Apple - 1 small Grated
Flax meal - 1 Tbsp
Almond slices-2 Tbsp
dark Chocolate- shredded-1 Tbsp
water - 1/2 cup
salt - 1/2 tsp
baking soda-1/2 tsp
coconut oil to cook

How to make?

Soak semolina in warm water for 30 mins

Add water, whole wheat, flax meal, grated apple, salt,baking soda and cinnamon.  Mix well.

Check the consistency, if it is too thick add water 1-2 Tbsp at a time.  It should not be too thick or too thin.

Add shredded chocolate and almond slices and give a mix.

Heat griddle, make circles, once cooked, turn it over, spray oil and turn it over again.

Serve it with Maple syrup or honey.   I actually took it for lunch with sweet chutney and it was too good.

Have Fun!

Comments

Popular Posts