Thursday, October 16, 2014

Barley Dosa/Crepes- Itz cool!

This is not my recipe!  I am just re-posting since lot of my friends/family have been asking.  It is my fellow blogger - Raji's Recipe (Vegeterian tastebuds).  She has got many healthy recipes in her blog.  I just used whole hull-less barley instead of pearl barley.    Pearl barley nutrition is quite comparable to rice.  The outer skin of the barley has the most nutrition .

I like this recipe since it uses lots of barley and we do not see any significant change in the taste of dosa.

What you need?

Hull-less whole barley-2 cups
Brown rice - 1/4 cup
Black gram - 1/2 cup
Methi seeds-2 Tbsp

How to make?

1. Soak barley, rice-methi seeds and black gram seperately for about 6-8 hrs.
2. Grind black gram first till fluffy.  Transfer to the container.
3. Grind barley, rice and methi together.  Add salt and mix well with the black gram batter.

You can adjust the  consistency of the dosa batter by adding water.

One important tip is not to ferment this batter for longer.  I just refrigerate as soon as I grind.  I keep the batter out for few hrs before I make dosa.   The batter would quickly turn sour if kept outside longer.

I called the recipe cool since it is actually very cooling to your system.   Healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment