Multigrain Pancake

Now-a-days non-bread breakfast has become common in our house.   I don't buy pre-made pancake mixes.   I keep exploring and log my experiments here if it was successful!  Ofcourse, it flops many times.

What you need?


Barley flour - 1/2 cup
Oats flour-1/4 cup
Spelt flour-1/4 cup
Almond meal-1/4 cup
Rice flour-2 Tbsp
Flax meal-2 Tbsp
Chia gel-1/4 cup
Salt-1/4 tsp
Sugar-1 tsp
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Butter milk-1/2 cup
Water-1/2 cup
Toppings - Raisins, shredded walnuts, sunflower/pumpkin seeds


How to make?


1. Mix all the ingredients except baking soda and let it rest for atleast 30 mins.

2. Adjust water to make the batter thick.   When you are ready to make,  add baking soda and mix well.

3. Mix the toppings into the batter.  I like to top the raisins once I pour the batter over the tava.

4. Heat the griddle and check if it is hot enough.  Pour batter and expand it to desired size.  Top with raisins/choco chips if you want to.   Leave it for a min.  It would puff it.   Turn it to the other side and let it cook.   I used coconut  since I was using iron griddle.  You can use oil as per your gadget.

Serve with Maple syrup or honey.

My kids enjoyed the whole grain pancake.  We had some leftover for lunch and it was quite moist

Tips:

* From my experience:  Pancakes should cook down completely before serving for better taste

* You can play around with the ingredients based on what is available in your pantry.

Comments

Popular Posts