Eggless Waffle!, Just Healthy with only 6 ingredients

There are some dishes which makes you feel sooo good! Waffles are one of them.  I had some fascination for its exquisite look for a while now, but I've never tasted it since they had eggs! Once I perfected the recipe, its become a staple breakfast food every week. I like it to be served crispy right out of the waffle maker. My kids love it as much as I do! They especially like to drizzle the maple syrup over to make it a tad bit sweeter. Waffles are the perfect breakfast food for every household!


A downside of the waffles that you buy from outside is that they're not very healthy. I started using Non-GMO grains a while ago. I make my waffles with spelt flour which is an original cousin of the Non-GMO grains. 

Spelt has got a super stretchy flour property and it can easily replace all-purpose flour in any recipe!  It fills you right up to the brim and sends a feeling of contentment along with it. Finding this grain has changed my cooking for the better.

Now for the Amazing Waffles part

Prepare time = 15 mins                Ingredients

Spelt flour - 1 cup
Butter milk - 1 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
salt -1/8 tsp
Sugar - 1 Tbsp
Coconut oil - 2 Tbsp




Ingredients
First, mix all the liquids and then add it to the flour with salt. Gently fold them into a thick batter.

Heat the Waffle iron, when its ready pour the batter over and cook as per the instructions!  I cook my waffles for a second time to make it slightly more crispy.

I eat my waffles plain but you can top it with honey/maple syrup/strawberries or any fruit of choice!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts