Chocolate Spelt Banana Bread!

I have become a huge recipe fan of ChocolatecoveredKatie for her awesome recipes.   I followed this recipe and used just my regular NOW organic cocoa and the result was fabulous!  I used maple syrup instead of sugar though I would'nt say it was sweet!  I make them regularly to pack for after school snacks and my kids cannot resist and eat them either in the morning snack or lunch :-)  I did the same at times when I took it to work!  Who could resist the smell of Banana Bread with loads of chocolate!



What you need?

Spelt Flour - 1 3/4 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Cocoa - 1/2 cup

Overripe mashed Thai Banana - 1 3/4 cup cups
Vanilla extract - 2 1/2 tsp
Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 Tbsp
Coconut Oil - 1/4 cup
Maple syrup - 1/3 cup

Read more at https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2017/12/23/blackout-banana-bread/#f1mP6EBUSBPxvVze.99




Preheat oven to 350 F and Grease a 9x5 Pan with Oil. 

Stir all the wet ingredients and mix with the dry.   Dough will be stiff. 

Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 mins, turn off and keep for another 10 mins inside the oven.   Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle, if undercooked continue baking for 5 mins and check.   Baking might take longer if you have more fluids!  So adjust the time accordingly.

Comments

Popular Posts