Healthy Grains/Flours

Food is having a very diverse face.   It is not easy for everyone to realize how much change/industrialization is going on with every ingredient we use.   I have found few things in my search of GOOD FOOD.   We keep talking about it at home and kids are aware of it too!   

From what I got to know, Wheat that we get in any common store is not the original wheat.   It is genetically modified to resist pest and also grown without the hard cover to reduce the processing time.   More production in minium time is the modern target!

NON-GMO was the way of food before all this!   

I heard about SPELT and tried for sometime, it was quite expensive in local health stores.  I used to buy whole grain wheat flour from Indian groceries.   I was searching for a sustainable source of good grains and found Montanaflour.  They also had Kamut wheat which was something I did'nt know about.    I ordered few varieties from them and very happy with the quality of it.   I had to do few trails in choosing what type of grain works well for Rotis, Breads and other items that we make.   

I buy Whole grain Organic KAMUT wheat, Whole grain Organic SPELT flour. Organic Rye flour.

I like their cracked wheat, sprouting wheat too.

Disclaimer:  This is just my personal opinion.   I was not asked to post by anyone and have'nt accepted any monetary benefits.

Comments

Popular Posts