Almond Brownie

Thanks to Versatile Vegeterian Kitchen, Champa for posting the basis of this recipe.  Please refer to the original post from her blog.  She is my baking Guru.. She is amazing and creates wonders in her kitchen..  I can never be like that. 

My daughter asked me to post this recipe so that she could refer when she wants to make it!  Everytime I make something that she likes, She would ask if I have posted it in my blog.. Soooo sweet.

Coming to the recipe!

What you need?

whole wheat pastry flour-1/2 cup
Almond meal-1 cup
cocoa powder-1/3 cup
baking soda-1/2 tsp
turbinado sugar-1/4 cup
Raisins(sweet)-1/4 cup
flax egg - 2 (2 Tbsp flax powder with 6 Tbsp of water, mix and rest for 5 mins)
Oil-1/4 cup or butter - 4 Tbsp
almond extract-1/2tsp
vanilla extract-1 tsp

How to make?

Almond meal can be made just by grinding them in whipper or food processor.  Be careful not to run it too much to avoid getting the butter.   Cut the raisins and keep aside.

1. Mix flour, cocoa, almond meal, baking soda and give a mix
2.  Mix all the wet ingredients, add flax egg once it is ready, it would be like a gel.
3. Mix all together folding them nicely.
4.  spread oil/butter on a  8/9 inch round pan and spread the dough and make it even on the top.
5,  Bake for 25-28 min.

once baked, Let it rest for alteast 30-60 mins before you cut them.   It will be slightly crumbly..
otes:  

Tips::

1. I use "Now" organic cocoa powder
2. Turbinado sugar can be replaced with normal one.  Increase it if you want it sweeter. 



Comments

Popular Posts