Cranberry Zucchini Methi Tepla (Flat Bread)

Cranberries are loaded with health benefits and considered to be a superfood due to their high nutrient and antioxidant content. In fact, research has linked the nutrients in cranberries to a lower risk of urinary tract infection (UTI), the prevention of certain types of cancer, improved immune function, and decreased blood pressure.

They are very sour and hard to incorporate in many recipes so this is one recipe where you will hardly notice that its there but the end result is just yummy.   Healthy food can also be tasty is my mantra.

I got this big bag of fresh cranberries when my husband looked at me asking what I am going to do with these.   My answer was Wait and Watch!   

Usually I buy anything that looks healthy to me and then think how to use it. I had a fresh bunch of methi leaves, zucchini waiting to be used up.   So paired them up together.  

Prep work:

Fresh Cranberries - about 20-25

Sesame/vegetable oil - 1 Tbsp

Hing - 1/4 tsp

Turmeric and Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp each

Salt to taste

Heat oil in a small pan on a low flame.  

Add hing,  cranberries and  leave it for 2-3 mins.  They will start melting on the pan, a sight to see.   Gently mush them up and simmer.   Add turmeric and red chilli powder and turn off the heat.   Let it cool

What you need?

Methi leaves abvout 2 cups chopped

Zucchini small about 3 grated 

Whole wheat flour 3 cups

Barley flour 1 cup (optional)

salt to taste

Spices like cumin powder 1/2 tsp, coriander powder 2 tsp, amchur powder - 1/4 tsp

Olive oil - 3 Tbsp

How to make?

I use my bread machine to make the dough,   I just added everything together including the cranberry paste and kneaded for about 12-15 mins.   I did not have to add any water at all.   Dough has to be a pliable consistency like how you make regular rotis. 

Let it rest for about 30 mins.

Heat a flat griddle/tava, I use a heavy bottom cast iron one so it takes few mins for it to heat up and its worth the wait.   

Make the rotis and cook on both sides with either ghee or oil.

It is staying super soft even after couple of hours.   You can pair this with a pickle of any other side dish of your choice.

I paired it with cranberry passion pickle.  


Comments

Popular Posts