Homemade Dishwasher Detergent!

I used to buy regular dishwasher detergent years back when I constantly smelled the dishwasher detergent on the food packed even on stainless steel container and on glass containers.  I tried washing these boxes in my busy morning and got tired of it.    I started looking for diy recipes to make dishwasher detergent.    I wanted to share this recipe which has been working best for more than 3 years now for me.  When we think of the number of artificial chemicals that we encounter on a day to day basis then we will realize how much of it is slowly getting ingesting into our system.    

What you need?

Baking Soda - 1 cup
Washing Soda - 1 cup
Citric acid crystals - 1 cup
Salt - 1 cup

How to use?

Mix everything and store in an airtight container

Add 1 tbsp of this powder on your dishwasher detergent rack and run a regular cycle.   it does'nt leave any residue or white mark on glass/stainless and porcelain dishes.   My water is quite hard and this has been working great for me.

If you are washing dishes by hand, just fill a small tub with about half tbsp dishwasher detergent.   Scrub your dishes to remove food and residues then dip them on the tub filled with the solution.   Then wash your dishes in the clean water.   


It works beautifully.  You can buy all the items on bulk for a great price and its a win-win situation for both a chemical free solution for a cost much lower then the store bought detergent.



Comments

Popular Posts