Patties is another versatile dish which can be made with a variety of ingredients and can be served as a healthy party dish or as an evening snack! I send it for lunch too since it has carbs and protein.
Kids and Adults love this dish.
What you need?
Purple potatoes/Yam - 4
Variety of veggies like beans/carrot/spinach - 1 cup
Almond meal - 1/4 cup (optional)
Popped Amaranth & Sesame seeds - 1/4 cup (optional)
Sprouts - 1/2 cup (optional)
Coriander seeds powder - 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup for dusting
oil for shallow roasting - 2 Tbsp
How to make?
1. Steam potatoes and veggies & sprouts
2. Let it cool for 20-30 mins and mash well
3. Add spices, salt, pepper, seeds and almond meal if using.
4. You should be able to form shapes and the mix should not be watery
5. Form a ball and pat it to make 2 inch discs and dust it on both sides with bread crumbs
6. Heat Iron griddle and brush it with oil. It should be hot before you put the patties on them.
7. Arrange the lattice and let it cook on medium flame on both sides. Brush oil when you turn it.
8. Both sides should look golden brown. It is ready to be served with home made coriander or just with ketchup.